1. She ran from me, weaving through tables,
watching strangers' faces, laughing.
Her steps joyful, clumsy but without inhibition.
2. I let the music flow through me and out of me
Singing out fragments of memories buried within familiar melodies.
3. Blood sticky and bright red covers small hands that do not want to remain still.
4. Perfect orb catches the light, streaked with iridescence. A face upturned. Outstretched fingers fail to capture the fragile sphere.
5. Pale pink petals, papery now and edged with brown. They droop apart, spilling down to rest on a stem still tied with two ribbons.
6. He sat, his back to us, watching. We surprised him coming from the other way. He turned. Waiting, insular, to open, loving in an instant.
7. She picks up a small, fluffy grey feather, examines it, then shows it to me. "from a bird" I say.