109 boxes, 750 words

I haven't been around much lately, that's because we've been dealing with lots of these:









109 of them to be precise.

Yes, the mister and I have moved into a bigger space in preparation of the little one's arrival. We're gradually wading through the last of the boxes, getting things in shape in our lovely new space, but it has been a busy time.

I would like to share this link with you for something I discovered recently, 750 Words, which is currently my favourite website.

Since the move, my journals and notebooks have been slotted away in different boxes and bags, and despite the fact that I know exactly where my new journal is, I had stopped writing in the mornings. Discovering 750 words was exactly the change that I needed.

The inspiration of the site comes from the idea of Morning Pages from The Artist's Way in which you are supposed to write three pages of stream-of-conscious writing in order to clear your head for the day.

I love the way the site looks and works, it has a lovely layout, and it keeps a word tally in the bottom right of your screen as you type.

After writing your words (you can write more or less than 750 - it's up to you), you are rewarded with a great statistics page that gives you a breakdown of your writing session - I really loved that part!

Well, I hope you all are well and enjoying some of the warmth of spring, wherever you are.
Thanks always for stopping in to see me here, it means a lot to me.

The sun is shining brightly here today and I am feeling very happy.

x


6 comments:

  1. congrats on the move - always a big undertaking! I was wondering how you're doing and feeling - hope you're enjoying it more than anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've been there, my friend! We had 20 years worth of boxes to pack and unpack! Hope you're enjoying your new digs, as we say over here!
    I am happy you're happy, my friend!
    xo
    p.s. thank you for the link to 750 as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much Marie, all is going well, I'm definitely slowing down now though :)

    R - that must have been quite an undertaking! Yes we really are enjoying the new place. 750 is really fun. I have been getting a kick out of the way it analyses my writing afterwards. Lately it tells me I am mostly concerned about eating or drinking - a fair assessment I'd say!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on the move! I wonder how many of those 109 boxes are filled with books? If you're anything like me, it will be lots of them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jenn, yes, there are rather a lot of books, also an alarming amount of records and CDs too - we've got a very musical household!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That site is really cool, I just gave it a go now!

    Hopefully you're all settled in now, and the boxes have been folded up and put away now? ;)

    How long till baby gets here? How exciting! xx

    ReplyDelete